I'm terrible at making New Year's Resolutions for myself. I find it easier to make reading and blogging resolutions! Last year I made resolutions and did OK-here's where I ended up:
1. Read 200 (or more) books in the year.-If you count all the picture books I read, I made this goal and surpassed it with 446 books total. But if you count only chapter books, graphic novels, audiobooks, etc. I only made it to 163. Finishing grad school and taking a new job really took a toll on my reading! But hey, 163 books in one year isn't bad!
2. Read the ALA Youth Media Award books-I was closer this year than I have been other years! I read all the Caldecotts, only missed Heart of a Samurai for Newbery, and didn’t read Nothing from the Printz list-it just sounds so depressing, I can't bring myself to read it.
3. Post more blog posts that encourage discussion-I think I did an OK job on this one and I’m going to try and keep it up next year.
4. Write my reviews sooner (like shortly after I read the book!) and schedule my posts so I'm not scrambling to write something mid-week.-Totally failed! Will try again next year!:)
5. Read and review some oldies but goodies.- This I did just because I ended up reading a lot of past titles this year for the Gateway committee.
6. Comment on more blog posts.-MAJORLY failed at this one! My blog reading fell a lot this year and I apologize to everyone that I haven’t been able to check it and read your posts as often. This is the resolution I really want to accomplish this year, so wish me luck!
OK, so now for my 2012 resolutions. I'm not going to make as many, since I'll busy with committee work and I really hate that feeling of failing! But I still think it's good to make a few resolutions or goals for this year.
1. Read 200 Books-with my committee work this year, this one shouldn't be a problem! I'm finally going to do it, I can feel it!:)
2. Read through my feedreader and comment more on blogs.-Taking on a new job and finishing school really took a toll on my reading and my blog reading. I've felt so disconnected from the blogging world, but I'm hoping to check in more this year!
3. Write more posts about library programs, booklists, and general library musings. Also start writing posts about storytimes and picture books.-Since I'm a Youth Services Manager, I oversee both children's and teen programs and I do weekly storytimes. I'd like to start including both childrens and teen programs on my blog.
Do you make reading/blogging resolutions? What are your goals for this year?