Visit Kit’s website: www.kitgrindstaff.com
About the Book: Secrets surround Agromond Castle and young Jemma. Life at the castle is all she's ever known, but Jemma is not who she thinks she is and there is more to her past that she's about to uncover. Jemma soon finds herself in a race for her life and with the help of her pet rats and her friend Digby, Jemma becomes wrapped up in a fight against darkness.
Follow the Tour: Friday 25th: Green Bean Blog - Top 13 Spooky Things at Agromond Castle I Monday 28th: Icey Books - interview with Jemma about Halloween Tuesday 29th: Emily's Bookshelf - book review Weds. 30th: Literary Rambles - Guest post: Promoting a debut Kidlit novel: tips for nervous newbies Thurs. 31st: The Mixed Up Files - guest post: Why scary books could save mankind Thurs 31st: The Lucky 13s - Interview with Laura Golden: How the Agromonds would celebrate Halloween
TOP 13 CREEPIEST THINGS ABOUT AGROMOND CASTLE
13. The bats…until you realize they’re friendly.
12. The corridor of spiders’ webs
11. The cold, damp mustiness that seems to crawl under your skin
10. Everything rotting; worm holes in the woodwork, clumps of granite falling from the ceiling, the mirrors getting tarnished and blotchy. (Impossible for putting on makeup.)
9. Too much spleen in the Entrail Soup making it way too slimy.
8. The Pickle Corridor, with its walls glistening black with mold and shelves of bottled gherkins that look like severed limbs.
7. The decrepit old servant Drudge. (Or so you might think.) He looks as though if you pricked him with a pin, yellow stuff would ooze out.
6. The Agromond motto carved about the Lush Room fireplace: Mordus Aderit. Which means “Mord is Everywhere”. “Mord” being a word for “death”, that’s pretty creepy.
5. The dungeons, especially the dungeons of bones, and the one you might get thrown into.
4. Feeling as though you’re being watched all the time. (You probably are.)
3. The Ceremonies. All those scary entities they summon. Very wearing on your nerves.
2. The Agromonds, especially Shade. And you can never be sure whether Nocturna Agromond is smiling at you or planning to do something really evil.
And the number one creepiest thing at Agromond Castle: (Drum roll, please. Or bone-rattle.)
1. Waking up to the sound of screaming. Though it might just be in you, because of all the creepy things you’ve seen there.
Or maybe it was all in your dreams.
Check out the Creeptastic Trailer!
Want to win a copy? Readers have a chance to win either one signed hardcover (US Only) and one e-book (international)
a Rafflecopter giveaway