Kristen at Bookworming in the 21st Century is encouraging bloggers to post their New Year's Resolutions. Here are mine (mostly reading related):
1. Read 200 books in the year. This year I made it to 150 (not counting any picture books) so I'm pretty sure I can make it to 200 next year.
2. Read review books faster.-I had a hard time with this one this last semester due to my class schedule, but no more lit class! (Kristen had this one too and I thought it was a great goal)
3. Post my reviews on Amazon, GoodReads, etc. more often-I always forget to due this unless it's Bloggiesta time and then I spend my entire weekend copying and pasting reviews everywhere!
4. Read the books that win the ALA Media Awards if I haven't read them already (I still haven't read this year's winners-gasp!)
5. Actually use the Wii Fit! (Yep, we have one, but it's getting dusty at the moment)
6. Try out a new hobby-I just think it would be cool to try something new-any suggestions?
And for work, since my work year starts over in January, my goal is to make YA Reader's Advisory my big push. I'm hoping to encourage more staff in my library to read YA and to come up with more booklists for them to use when I'm not around.
So, that's mine-what are you hoping for in 2010?