Last year I posted my Reading Resolutions for the year:
1. Read 200 books in the year. -I didn't quite make it to 200-depending on how much I read the rest of this week, I'll be about ten books away from 200. I can count all the picture books I read to up my total to 200, right?;)
2. Read review books faster.-I fell behind a bit due to school and committee work again, but I think I made progress on this one this year.
3. Post my reviews on Amazon, GoodReads, etc. more often-I'm happy to report I did keep up with this one!!
4. Read the books that win the ALA Youth Media Awards if I haven't read them already-I totally failed on this one-I only ended up reading about half of them. The ones I haven't read are still sitting in my TBR pile...sigh...
So what are my reading and blogging resolutions for 2011?
1. Read 200 (or more) books in the year. I was so close this year I know I can do it next year! Plus, we're having a reading challenge for the staff at my library and I'm totally planning on winning!:)
2. Read the ALA Youth Media Award books-I make this goal every year-I think it's on every librarians resolution list (or at least it should be!)
3. Post more blog posts that encourage discussion-I love having discussions on my blog and I love getting comments and seeing what other people have to say about the things I'm thinking about, so I hope to post more than book reviews (at least more than I do now)
4. Write my reviews sooner (like shortly after I read the book!) and schedule my posts so I'm not scrambling to write something mid-week.-Every week I think to myself I'm going to write and schedule my posts and I only end up getting about half the week done. My goal is to write and schedule my posts more, especially after I've read a book.
5. Read and review some oldies but goodies.-I don't want my blog to focus only on new titles, but I want to highlight older YA and MG. (And OK, by older I mean old stuff and books from the past couple of years that I haven't gotten to yet)
6. Comment on more blog posts.-My feed reader is out of control! I really do read tons and tons of posts and I read it even if I may not comment on it. When I started blogging I commented a lot, but that's fallen away as my reader grew. I hope to get back into the habit of commenting more on the blogs I read.
So what are your reading and blogging resolutions for the year? I'd love to hear them!