I love Halloween, especially when I get the chance to dress up as book characters! So I love this tour from Penguin with suggestions of how to dress up as your favorite middle grade characters.
Gustav Gloom and the People Taker by Adam-Troy Castro
Enter an exciting new world of shadows from Hugo Award nominee Adam-Troy Castro. Meet Gustav Gloom.
Fernie What finds herself lost in the Gloom mansion after her cat appears to have been chased there by its own shadow. Fernie discovers a library full of every book that was never written, a gallery of statues that are just plain awkward, and finds herself at dinner watching her own shadow take part in the feast!
Along the way Fernie is chased by the People Taker who is determined to take her to the Shadow Country. It's up to Fernie and Gustav to stop the People Taker before he takes Fernie's family.
Featuring a unique cover and beautifully dark full-page illustrations by Kristen Margiotta, Gustav Gloom is sure to be a hit with fans who love a little darkness in their lives.
Grab a friend and be Gustav Gloom AND his shadow with this easy buddy costume idea! For this costume, one person is going to be Gustav Gloom and the other person is going to be his shadow. Just like in Gustav Gloom and the People Taker, Gustav’s shadow can walk away and do whatever it likes!
1. Dress in all black, the more formal the better.
2. Make your face pale like Gustav’s using white powder or face paint.
3. Paint your hair black with temporary spray-on hair color.
4. Adopt a very gloomy expression and speak in vague sentences.
For Gustav’s shadow:
1. Dress in greys and blacks, grabbing old clothes that will create a mysterious, amorphous look.
2. Paint your face, hands, and all exposed skin dark grey with face paint.
3. Paint your hair grey or black with temporary spray-on color.
4. Be unpredictable! One minute, follow behind Gustav and mirror his movement as his “shadow.” The next, who know? Dart out in front of him and trick other treaters, eat as much candy as your heart desires, and melt into the shadows whenever it strikes your fancy!
Be sure to follow the tour and check out all the great costume ideas!
Blog Tour ScheduleMon 10.22 MundieKids http://mundiekids.blogspot.
One lucky winner will win a copy of all the Halloween Middle Grade Halloween Tour books thanks to Penguin Books!! Just leave a comment below with what your Halloween costume will be this year! I know I don't normally do comment contests, but I really love hearing everyone's costumes! :)
-One entry per person
-13+ to enter
-Contest ends Saturday October 27